To see my tribute to Flo, go here

See about helping Flo's Haitian artist friends at Jakmel Ekspresyon

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Volkach and Rothenburg

 Mostly pictures today.  On this Sunday, we docked at Volkach and our tour was to surrounding places to see wine production.

                                                          One way of buying wine


In the afternoon, we had the extra tour to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, a picture-perfect town with big crowds.  It was interesting to note the distinctive architecture and learn of the history, and otherwise think of the parallel development of the picturesque towns of Italy.











While there, I got the news that my best friend from school days in Umbertide, Graziano, had died.  He’s been part of my trip reports.  He’d had health problems, and we’d only spoken on the phone during this last trip.  In my sorrow in learning the news, I think of how popular he was around town, and the quirks that he and I had that made our friendship special. 



No comments:

Post a Comment