To see my tribute to Flo, go here

See about helping Flo's Haitian artist friends at Jakmel Ekspresyon

Friday, April 21, 2023

Finishing time in Paris

 This morning we went to the Picasso Museum.  Yesterday I booked tickets for admission there, and I couldn’t save them as Documents there as I’d done for the Petit Palais show.  I had the printable version and asked for help at the hotel desk; that ran into complications. The desk agent figured how to take a screenshot and AirDrop it to her phone to print. It occurred to me: could I just have kept a screenshot of the mobile version to my photos, so I could have found it easily?

Anyway, we took the métro to the nearby station and I was glad to have Google Maps guide us down the series of streets to the museum.  The museum had a special arrangement of the collection putting it into a new perspective at the fiftieth anniversary of Picasso’s death. There was much to appreciate as it showed the range of styles in the artist’s long career.  The one work I photographed:



Afterwards, we got an Uber to Sacre-Coeur, since Margaret hadn’t been with me on the previous Montmartre walk.  So we had a new walk in the neighborhood and a creperie lunch.



After getting a bit downhill, we got an Uber back to our hotel in a Tesla, interesting to experience along with the landmarks.  I then got to see Amy from our SlowTrav days, and her husband Larry, very nice to catch up.

Our time in Paris was winding down, and we didn’t have a very busy schedule; we enjoyed what we could.  Crowds of people are out in the evening.



Hoping for the best in getting to Bordeaux in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment